About Me

My photo
CODA, A Mother, A Wife, A Teacher, A Bookworm, An OutDoors Person, An Artist, An Info. Junkie...

Saturday, 23 April 2016

Pride Vs Forgiveness

Josh Misner, PhD
This powerful art piece from Burning Man nearly rendered me to tears. First, I pondered all the times in my adult life that I have allowed pride to get in the way of forgiveness and reconciliation, and then I thought about how my young children demonstrate the power of redemption. 
It makes me realize that I still have much to learn.
A statement from Alexander Milov, the Ukranian artist who created this work: 
"It demonstrates a conflict between a man and a woman as well as the outer and inner expression of human nature. Their inner selves are executed in the form of transparent children, who are holding out their hands through the grating. As it’s getting dark (night falls) the children start to shine. This shining is a symbol of purity and sincerity that brings people together and gives a chance of making up when the dark time arrives.”

No comments:

Post a Comment