About Me

My photo
CODA, A Mother, A Wife, A Teacher, A Bookworm, An OutDoors Person, An Artist, An Info. Junkie...

Saturday, 23 April 2016

Come As You Are...

The Hands Free Revolution
Come as you are.
Come with your hair uncombed.
Come with your sad eyes.
Come with your questions, doubts, and fears. 
Come with your shaky confidence.
Come with your inability to focus.
Come with your scars that you hope nobody sees. 
Come with your outside-the-box thinking. 
Come with your painfully shy smile.
Come with your voice too loud.
Come with your messy past.
Come with your uncertain future.
Come with your story you think nobody wants to hear. 
Come with your fears.
Come with your tear-stained cheeks.
Come with your heart on your sleeve. 
Come as you are.
Just come as you are.
You might think I’m doing you a favor by opening my arms to you. But that is not the case. I am the one who is about to be blessed by the not-so-obvious gifts within you—the gifts other people don’t see because they fail to look past the surface. 
Come as you are, I say.
Let me see that light within you. 
And let me tell you how beautiful it is. 
© Rachel Macy Stafford 2014/15
I’ve decided that “come as you are” are four of the most inclusive, most loving, and most barrier-breaking words in the English language. I am trying to make them part of my vocabulary when I speak to the children and adults in my life. Saying those words to myself is the hardest, but I am trying. I am trying. 
My friends of The Hands Free Revolution, I do a limited number of speaking engagements each year and my favorite part is afterwards when I get to meet you and hear your story. Denver friends, I am so excited to see you on Saturday, May 14 at Denver First Church from 10am to 12pm. In the fall, I will be coming to the California Bay Area, Nashville, TN and Mandan, ND. Click here for dates & event information ⇒ http://www.handsfreemama.com/events/
Thank you for being part of this supportive & authentic community with open hands & hearts. ‪#‎onlylovetoday‬ ‪#‎handsfreelife‬ ‪#‎comeasyouare‬

No comments:

Post a Comment